- Ripe tomatoes 4 -5 items
- Onion 1 item finely chopped
- Garlic 1 clove finely chopped
- Self-rising flour 1 1/2 cup sifted
- Corn meal 1 1/2 cup sifted
- Mint 1 tablespoon chopped
- Dill- parsley-basil 1 1/2 tablespoon chopped
- Salt - pepper
- Paprika 1/2 teaspoon
- Feta cheese crumbled 100 gr (optional)
Wash the tomatoes,peel and cut them into pieces,put them in a blender to chop the coarsely(but not puree).Chop the onion and garlic in the blender to and pour the tomato mixture into a bowl.Add the finely chopped herbs,the sifted flour,the olive oil,salt,pepper,paprika and the feta cheese optionally,mix all the ingredients and refrigerate the mixture until thickened.Grease slightly a roasting pan,line with parchment paper,shape each spoonful of the mixture into round balls or any other shape and place them into the roasting pan.Bake in preheated oven at 180 degrees for 30 minutes(depending on the oven)until brown.Remove from the oven and serve them warm or cool.
* The mixture should be slightly thick.