- Eggplants 4 baked
- Potatoes 2 medium sized grated
- Eggs 2 items
- Yellow cheese ( kasseri ) 100 gr grated
- All-purpose flour 5 - 6 tablespoons
- Dill - Parsley finely chopped
- Salt - pepper - red pepper
- Corn oil for frying
First bake on the grill the eggplants,then peel and strain them to remove their liquids.When they are strained well chop them finely and put them in a bowl.Add the grated potatoes and all the remaining ingredients except corn oil,add the flour gradually( 5 – 6 tablespoons or as much as needed ).In a frying pan heat the corn oil,grease your hands slightly and shape the eggplant balls.Fry each eggplant ball in the hot oil one by one(do not shape all the balls and then fry them because the mixture is soft).Let them brown on both sides,line them on kitchen absorbing paper and enjoy them warm.
* Serve them with Greek tzatziki,a perfect combination.