For the dough
- Retsina (resinated wine) 1 glass
- Olive oil 1 glass
- All-purpose flour 1 kg
- Fresh yeast 40 gr or 1 1/2 sachet dry yeast
For the filling
- Jam any jam you desire
- Sweet conserve any sweet you desire alternatively
- Turkish delights alternatively
For the coating
- Dark chocolate 125 gr
- Margarine 2 tablespoons
- Cognac 1 ποτήρι του λικέρ
- Caster sugar for sprinkle alternatively
In a big bowl add the retsina,the olive oil,the yeast and stir until the yeast dissolves.Sift the flour and add it to the bowl with the yeast.Add salt,knead all the ingredients until the dough becomes fluffy and smooth(if necessary add flour or remove some from the beginning).Divide the dough into 3 or 4 balls,cover them and let the dough rest for a while.Using a rolling pin roll the dough out into thick and oblong sheets.Place lengthwise a spoonful of the jam you desire on the pastry sheet.Give the sheet one turn,fold both ends so that the jam does not come out,roll the sheet and line the stick in a roasting pan with parchment paper.Follow the same procedure with each pastry sheet.Bake in preheated oven at 180 degrees for 15 minutes (depending on the oven) until brown.In a saucepan add the margarine,the dark chocolate and the cognac and stir at medium heat until the chocolate melts.Remove the sticks from the oven,place them on a wire rack and pour them over with the chocolate sauce. Alternatively let them cool slightly and sprinkle with caster sugar.
* You can stuff the sticks with any jam you desire,any sweet conserve,Turkish delights or even with chocolate.Optionally fold the pastry into triangles instead of rolls.