For the dough
- Water 4 glasses
- All-purpose four 1 1/2 kg
- Fresh yeast 2 cubes
- Salt 1 1/2 teaspoon
For the filling
- Bacon 8 slices
- Turkey 8 slices
- Grated cheese different kinds of your choice
- Tomato sauce with basil 1 package
Dissolve in a glass of water the 2 fresh yeast cubes.In a bowl add the flour,make a well in the middle and pour the melted yeast,add salt.Add the remaining 3 glasses of water and knead until the dough becomes quite firm.Let it rise,meanwhile prepare the filling.Dice the bacon and turkey slices,grate all kinds of cheese in a bowl and in another bowl pour the tomato sauce with basil ( or any other tomato sauce of your choice ).Take a handful of the dough,shape it into a ball and roll it out using a thin rolling pin.Fill it with bacon,turkey,cheese,tomato sauce and press down the edges to seal them,to prevent the filling from coming out.Follow the same procedure with the remaining dough.In a frying pan heat some corn oil until hot.Turn down the heat and fry the panzerotti until they brown on both sides.
* For the filling you can use any other ingredient of your choice.
* Instead of frying the panzerotti,you can also bake them,brush them with an egg yolk and place them in a roasting pan lined with parchment paper.