- All-purpose flour 700 gr
- Fresh yeast 40 gr
- Onion 1 1/2 item finely chopped
- Spring onions 3 items finely chopped
- Fresh or dry mint 2 tablespoons
- Parsley 2-3 sprigs finely chopped
- Dill 2-3 sprigs finely chopped
- Feta cheese 400 gr crumbled or any other cheese grated
- Eggs 3 items
- Sweet and hot paprika 1/2 teaspoon of each kind
- Salt - pepper
- Lukewarm water 350 ml
- Olive oil 230 ml
In a bowl add the yeast and 3/4 of the lukewarm water,add some of the flour and make a thick batter.Cover it and leave it in a warm place until it doubles in volume.Meanwhile chop the onions and herbs finely.In a frying pan add the olive oil until hot,add both kinds of pepper,the onions and saute until they start to turn gold in color.Turn off the heat,add the herbs and let it cool.In a bowl beat the eggs,add the feta cheese or any other cheese,mix,add the herbs mixture and mix all the ingredients together.Add the remaining lukewarm water to the bowl with the yeast,add the flour gradually,add salt and knead with your hands slightly greased until tender.Make a well in the middle of the dough,add the mixture with the cheese and the herbs,knead until the ingredients combine.In a greased roasting pan spread the dough evenly,cover it and leave it in a warm place until it doubles in volume.Bake in preheated oven at 180 degrees for 35 – 40 minutes approximately.Remove it from the oven let it slightly cool and cut the bread.
* This bread can be made without eggs and cheese during fasting.
* Instead of fresh yeast you can use 2 sachets of dry yeast.